When Jennifer Beier’s alarm clock woke her up Monday morning, she thought she smelled something burning in her kitchen.

   She went to the kitchen and unplugged the item she thought was the problem.

   That wasn’t it.

   “When she went to the garage, she realized there was a fire in the garage,” Ripon Area Fire Chief Tim Saul said.

   That fire at 410 Joy Ave. spread quickly from the garage, leaving the home of Jennifer and James Beier uninhabitable for the foreseeable future.

   Both Beiers and their dog, however, were able to escape the building safely.

Read the full story in the Nov. 21, 2019 edition of the Ripon Commonwealth Press.