A dryer is being blamed for a fire that led to the destruction of a rural Ripon home Sunday evening.

   The home of Scott Henke and Tony Reilly is a total loss, according to the Fond du Lac County Sheriff's Department. No one was hurt, though two cats are unaccounted for following the blaze.

   According to a press release from the sheriff's department:

"On July 1, 2018 at 4:57 pm the Fond du Lac County Communications Center received a report of a house on fire at the address of N9304 County Road E located in the Township of Ripon, Fond du Lac County. The caller, who is the home owner, was home at the time of call.

"Town of Ripon Fire Department responded to the fire and the house had smoke and flames visible when they arrived. At this time fire department from Ripon, Fond du Lac Fire, Brandon-Fairwater, Princeton, Markesan, Oshkosh, Omro, Neshkoro, Forth Fond du Lac, Kingston, Oakfield, Utica, Alto, Berlin, Rosendale, Lamartine, Van Dyne, Waupun, Campbellsport, Mt. Calvary and Calumet are battling the fire.

"At this time the fire does not appear to be suspicious and started in the dryer located inside the residence. The house is considered a total loss. There were 4 residents inside the residence that evacuated and were not injured. 2 cats are unaccounted for at this time.

"County Road E is closed at this time between Tri-County Rd and Locust Rd. Also Cork St is closed between CTH E and Douglas St."

 

For a full story, read the July 5, 2018 edition of the Ripon Commonwealth Press.