On to Round 2.
Ripon voters spoke Tuesday, knocking two School Board hopefuls — including one incumbent — out of the primary race ahead of the April 4 election.
According to the unofficial results, advancing to the next ballot are:
- Challenger Amy Pollesch (511 votes)
- Challenger Kim Mack (363 votes)
- Challenger Jennifer Vande Brink Dudzinski (358 votes)
- Incumbent Tom Stellmacher (351 votes)
- Challenger Josh Rieder (301 votes)
- Incumbent Sherry Muskavitch (271 votes)
Failing to make the cut of six were challenger Nicole Kutz Menard (218 votes) and incumbent Barb Schultz (195 votes).
Pollesch is in a unique position, as she was appointed to the board just last week Thursday to fill the vacant seat left by Dan Zimmerman's resignation.
The appointment is a one-year term; however, if she wins election to the board in April, she'll quit the one-year term and take on a three-year term. The board would then appoint another member to fill the one-year term.
Read more about the primary results in the Feb. 23, 2017 edition of the Ripon Commonwealth Press.