With eight candidates vying for three seats on the Ripon Area School Board, residents will need to narrow the field down to six during the Tuesday, Feb. 21 primary.
Those six will then face off on the ballot April 4.
The candidates — three incumbents and five challengers — took the time to share some thoughts with voters through a survey.
You can read their responses to the following questions in the Feb. 9, 2017 edition of the Ripon Commonwealth Press:
- What is your background and your experience with education?
- What are Ripon’s schools’ greatest strengths?
- What do you think needs to be changed or improved?
- What do you believe is the future of charter schools in Ripon?
- Why should Ripon citizens vote for you?
The candidates are Jennifer Vande Brink Dudzinski, Kim Mack, Nicole Kutz Menard, Sherry Muskavitch, Amy Pollesch, Josh Rieder, Barb Schultz and Tom Stellmacher.
The League of Women Voters of the Ripon Area also will host a candidate interview session for candidates tonight (Wednesday) at 7 p.m. in the Ripon City Hall Council Chambers.