Ripon was not a loser last week Thursday at the Kohl Center.
Xavier scored seven more points, but Ripon fans had many reasons to leave the Madison venue with their heads held high.
Here are just a few:
1. The Team — Anyone who followed the season saw first-hand the “15 as 1” slogan come alive on the court. ...
2. The Coach — Some people “do” coaching. Vander Plas “lives” coaching. ... Any setbacks, he owns; any success, he credits others. ...
3. The Confidence — Someone forgot to tell Melvin Lee that he’s a wee bit shorter than his teammates. ... Short in stature; tall in confidence.
4. The Fans — While Ripon’s Cheer and Stunt Team was absent from the Tigers’ post-season journey to Madison .... [but] the student section [was] a lean, mean cheering machine. ...
5. The Band — Between classes, solo-ensemble, Music in Our Schools concert, musical pit band and pep band, when do these kids sleep? Answer: On the bus. How about the high-heeled, diminutive dynamo who directs the kids playing “The Lion Sleeps Tonight?” No one knows when she sleeps. Perhaps that Tiger slumbers in July.
— Tim Lyke
To read the entire editorial, see the March 30, 2017 edition of The Ripon Commonwealth Press.